Georgia Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation
Drug-Rehab.org exists as a referral service for addicts in need of recovery and rehabilitation. We have access to 3000 resources nationwide, from coast to coast, from Georgia to New York. We exist to help addicts come to terms with their problems and seek help and guidance from people that truly care. Call Drug-Rehab.org today at 877-352-6329 to start this all-important process.
We have several options available in Georgia, ranging from recovery centers to day programs.
If you need immediate help or an assessment for a Georgia resident, CALL NOW or click:
Georgia and Drugs: A Dangerous Affair
Georgia, the world famous peach capital, is home to 9,815,210 people. The capital is the bustling metropolis of Atlanta, one of the biggest cities in the American south. The economy of Georgia is thriving, causing the state to experience an influx of people. As is true with all states, Georgia has its own drug problems it combats on a regular basis. There is also a great deal of gang activity in Georgia, which sometimes goes hand-in-hand with drug activity.
- 17 percent of Georgia’s residents from the ages of 18 and 25 used illicit drugs within the past month.
- 25 percent of that same Georgia age group admitted to using marijuana, the most popular drug by far, within the last year alone.
- As for other drugs, 8 percent of Georgians aged 18 – 25 used in the past month. Notably: drug use is a real and disturbing trend in Georgia.
- 6 percent of that Georgia age range used cocaine; another 11 percent used prescription medications for non-medical purposes (prescription drug abuse is a nationwide trend). Even just casual use of any kind of controlled substance can easily slip into addiction.
Outdoor marijuana cultivation has increased throughout the state due to weather conditions. Marijuana is also brought in from the southwest and from Mexico.
- As for possession of marijuana in Georgia, first time offenders carrying less than one ounce of marijuana are charged with a misdemeanor and placed on probation.
- A second offense is a misdemeanor and comes with 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- Possession within 1,000 feet of a school is a felony and is punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.
- Sale of marijuana under 10 pounds is a felony with a 1 to 10 year prison sentence.
- Anyone found talking about marijuana on a phone is charged with a felony punishable by 1 to 4 years in prison and a $30,000 fine.
- Marijuana convictions result in a loss of driving privileges for 6 months. There is a zero tolerance law in regards to drugged driving. Marijuana is regulated in Georgia under the Controlled Substances Act.
Get Addiction Help Today in Georgia!
If you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol in Georgia, you do not have to face your plight alone. Drug-Rehab.org is one part of a national campaign to eliminate drug and alcohol abuse.
If your loved one has an addiction, we can still assist you and refer you to the best treatment available, in Georgia or elsewhere. Don’t wait another minute; call 877-352-6329 and speak to a trained professional immediately at Drug-Rehab.org.
1710 Commerce Rd. Athens, GA 30607
DM and ADR Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox, Methadone Services, Methadone Detox
1000 Commissioner Dr. Darien, GA 31305
Gateway Behavioral Health Services provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
275 W. Pike St. Lawrenceville, GA 30045
MARR Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Halfway house
306 Greenway St. Thomson, GA 30824
McDuffie County Mental Wellness Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
952 Anthony Dr. Americus, GA 31709
Middle Flint Behavioral Healthcare provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox
1919 John Wesley Ave. College Park, GA 30337
Odyssey Family Counseling Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
3423 Covington Dr. Decatur, GA 30032
Our Common Welfare Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Halfway house
1061 Harman Ave. Ste. Fort Stewart, GA 31314
US Army Medical Department Activity provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox
1826 Veterans Boulevard Dublin, GA 31021
Veterans Affairs Medical Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Halfway house
311 Jones Mill Rd. Statesboro, GA 30458
Willingway Hospital provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox, Buprenorphine Treatment