Drug-Rehab.org is dedicated to helping you find rehabilitation in Alabama, if you need it, no matter what kind of program you are looking at, be it support groups, counseling or holistic drug therapy. Call us today at 855-473-4227; we’re waiting to take your call!
Alabama, in the heart of the South, is called “sweet home” by some 4,802,740 people, with its capital being Montgomery and its biggest city, Birmingham. Alabama is known as the “Home of Dixie” and for its important role in America’s civil rights struggle in the 1960s.
Drug Realities in Alabama
- The sale of marijuana to a minor in Alabama is a felony and carries a 10 year to life sentence.
- Cultivation of marijuana is also a felony, in which anything less than 2.2 lbs. carries with it a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 years and a $25,000 fine.
- Alabama also gives users the possibility of doing 10 to 99 years in prison.
- A first time possession of marijuana in Alabama under 2.2 lbs. is a Class A misdemeanor and carries a sentence of up to 1 year in jail and a $6,000 fine.
- Methamphetamine is the number one threat to Alabama, closely followed up by cocaine. A new form of meth, liquid meth, has been found in Alabama.
- Heroin is becoming more available in certain areas of the state.
- Hydrocodone has become the more widely abused prescription drug in the state.
- Marijuana, as it typically is nationwide, remains the most available and abused drug throughout the state.
- 6.78% of people in Alabama over the age of 18 used illicit drugs in the past month.7.61 percent of the same demographic used marijuana sometime within the past year.
- As for cocaine, nearly five percent of people between the ages of 18 and 25 used it in Alabama over the past year.
- Heavy drinking is no less of a concern- about 20 percent of the population over the age of 18 binge drank within the past month.
Three percent of the Alabama population over age 12 has a problem with illicit drug dependence or abuse.
Seek Help Now in Alabama
If you have a drug or alcohol problem in Alabama, do not feel alone. You have a social network that cares about you and over 3000 resources available through Drug-Rehab.org to help you in Alabama. We can put you in touch with treatment programs, rehab facilities and support groups to enable you to combat your addiction. There are a variety of methods for you to become sober. Drug clinics in Alabama as well as addiction centers are just some of the options available to you on your road to addiction recovery.
Get started on the right path to recovery, whether it is in Alabama or elsewhere, by calling us today at 855-473-4227. Your life is too valuable.
1600 Browns Ferry Rd. Madison, AL 35758
Bradford Health Services provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox, Buprenorphine Treatment
722 Downtowner Loop W. Mobile, AL 36609
Bridge Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
22165 U.S. Highway 431 Guntersville, AL 35976
Cedar Lodge provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
700 S. 19th St. Birmingham, AL 35233
Department of Veterans Affairs provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
432 Gunter Ave. Guntersville, AL 35976
Family Life Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
12271 Interchange Rd. Grand Bay, AL 36541
Gulf Coast Treatment Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Methadone Services
4110 U.S. Highway 31 S. Decatur, AL 35603
Mental Wellness Ctr of N. Central AL provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
3430 N. Jackson Highway Sheffield, AL 35660
Shoals Treatment Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Methadone Services
1203 W. Maple Geneva, AL 36340
SpectraCare provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction