Drug-Rehab.org is dedicated to helping you find rehabilitation in Alabama, if you need it, no matter what kind of program you are looking at, be it support groups, counseling or holistic drug therapy. Call us today at 855-473-4227; we’re waiting to take your call!
Alabama, in the heart of the South, is called “sweet home” by some 4,802,740 people, with its capital being Montgomery and its biggest city, Birmingham. Alabama is known as the “Home of Dixie” and for its important role in America’s civil rights struggle in the 1960s.
Drug Realities in Alabama
- The sale of marijuana to a minor in Alabama is a felony and carries a 10 year to life sentence.
- Cultivation of marijuana is also a felony, in which anything less than 2.2 lbs. carries with it a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 years and a $25,000 fine.
- Alabama also gives users the possibility of doing 10 to 99 years in prison.
- A first time possession of marijuana in Alabama under 2.2 lbs. is a Class A misdemeanor and carries a sentence of up to 1 year in jail and a $6,000 fine.
- Methamphetamine is the number one threat to Alabama, closely followed up by cocaine. A new form of meth, liquid meth, has been found in Alabama.
- Heroin is becoming more available in certain areas of the state.
- Hydrocodone has become the more widely abused prescription drug in the state.
- Marijuana, as it typically is nationwide, remains the most available and abused drug throughout the state.
- 6.78% of people in Alabama over the age of 18 used illicit drugs in the past month.7.61 percent of the same demographic used marijuana sometime within the past year.
- As for cocaine, nearly five percent of people between the ages of 18 and 25 used it in Alabama over the past year.
- Heavy drinking is no less of a concern- about 20 percent of the population over the age of 18 binge drank within the past month.
Three percent of the Alabama population over age 12 has a problem with illicit drug dependence or abuse.
Seek Help Now in Alabama
If you have a drug or alcohol problem in Alabama, do not feel alone. You have a social network that cares about you and over 3000 resources available through Drug-Rehab.org to help you in Alabama. We can put you in touch with treatment programs, rehab facilities and support groups to enable you to combat your addiction. There are a variety of methods for you to become sober. Drug clinics in Alabama as well as addiction centers are just some of the options available to you on your road to addiction recovery.
Get started on the right path to recovery, whether it is in Alabama or elsewhere, by calling us today at 855-473-4227. Your life is too valuable.
c/o Elmore Community Hospital Wetumpka, AL 36092
A New Direction provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox
1626 Florence Boulevard Florence, AL 35630
Bradford Health Services provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
3170 Martin Luther King Parkway S. Phenix City, AL 36868
E. Alabama MH/MR Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
111 Jackson Ave. S. Russellville, AL 35653
Freedom House provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
1107 W. Meighan Boulevard Gadsden, AL 35901
Gadsden Treatment Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Methadone Services
600 Saint Clair St. Huntsville, AL 35801
Huntsville Madison County MH Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
3532 23rd St Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Indian Rivers Mental Wellness Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
3001 Scenic Highway Gadsden, AL 35904
Mountain View Hospital provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox, Buprenorphine Treatment
1101 E. Park Dr. Birmingham, AL 35235
Tri County Treatment Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox, Methadone Services, Methadone Detox, Buprenorphine Treatment