Identify Alcohol Addiction Signs by Recognizing the Signs of Alcohol Addiction Symptoms
Recognizing alcohol addiction signs in yourself or in your loved ones is the first step to getting help, but knowing to look for the signs of alcohol addiction isn’t enough. At the first sign of alcohol addiction symptoms, reach out to a professional drug program placement counselor who will help you find the drug rehab program that suits your situation best. Drug-Rehab.org, a non-profit organization, provides quick and easy drug program placement assistance to loved ones of those struggling with alcohol addiction symptoms and to the addicts themselves.
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol addiction symptoms can wreak havoc on the human body, which is why recovery via whole body health program is gentler on an addict’s body than fighting a drug-based addiction with prescription drugs. Holistic alternative treatment programs that your drug placement counselor can help you find will guide you or your loved one to rebuild the body’s natural functions without resorting to prescriptions.
Alcohol addiction signs demonstrated by the alcoholic include:
- Frequent drinking, including in the morning or when alone
- Missing work, fun activities or other obligations in order to drink or recover from drinking
- Hiding the amount of alcohol she consumes from others by changing stores and bars at which she buys alcohol or hiding alcohol throughout her home
- Switching types of alcohol he drinks because he falsely believes he’ll get “less drunk”
- Knowing that friends, loved ones and co-workers experience difficulty with her behavior after she drinks, but she continues to drink anyway
- Feeling unable to stop drinking after one or two drinks, even after he claims he can
- Thoughts center on drinking and when she can next get a drink
- Feeling sick when he doesn’t drink and feels he needs to drink again in order to feel better
Physical Alcohol Addiction Symptoms
The signs of alcohol addiction are also apparent through the physical alcohol addiction symptoms:
- Frequently sore or upset stomach
- Rapid loss of weight
- Flushed cheeks and nose
Another way to identify alcohol addiction is to see what happens when the potential addict stops drinking. If the person is an addict, she will experience at least some of the alcohol addiction symptoms of withdrawal:
- Increased anxiety
- Stomach pains
- Increased perspiration
- Shakiness, when the body quivers uncontrollably
Alcohol addiction signs include a change in person’s mood as well. However, every addict is an individual. Some become angrier, others become sadder and still others alternate between feelings of anger, sadness and guilt. That is why it’s so important that an experienced drug placement counselor find a drug treatment program that is ideally matched to each drug program candidate.
Alcohol Addiction Signs Action Plan
Review the common alcohol addiction signs and look for them in anyone you suspect may be struggling with an addiction to alcohol—including yourself, your friends, your family members and your co-workers. Without professional treatment, alcohol addiction symptoms will only get worse over time. Visit Drug-Rehab.org to request help from a drug counselor via phone or email at the first signs of alcohol addiction.