Delaware Drug Rehabilitation
Drug-Rehab.org is working for a better tomorrow for drug and alcohol abusers nationwide, be it in Delaware or across the country in California. We understand that it’s often a long and hard struggle to get back to holistic well-being. We have access to over 3000 resources-recovery centers, day programs, rehabilitation clinics- that can bring you back into a state of self-actualization.
Call us today at 855-473-4227.
Drug Issues in Delaware
Sleepy Delaware, the first state to ratify the U.S. Constitution, has a population of 907,135, right under a million. Delaware was founded by a mixture of Scandinavians, Dutch and English and thus has a unique legacy in American history. There are only three counties in Delaware and the capital of the state is Dover.
Delaware, like every other state in America, has its own constant battles with drug and alcohol abuse raging among its citizens. 22 percent of the Delaware population between the ages of 18 and 25 use illicit drugs on a monthly basis.
- Nearly a third of that same Delaware demographic was specifically using marijuana. A medical marijuana law is currently hanging in suspense in the Delaware legislation, which would enable critically ill citizens to use marijuana.
- 1,500 residents of Delaware receive treatment related to heroin abuse, whereas meth and amphetamines are not nearly as popular.
- Much of the cocaine in Delaware is brought in from New York and Philadelphia. Cocaine and crack cocaine are widely available and popular within the state.
- Heroin is becoming more widely available and due to the increase in purity has become more popular amongst young adults.
- Club drugs remain popular amongst the youth of the state.
Much of the marijuana comes from the southern states or Mexico. Immediate release oxycodone products are a growing concern throughout the state.
Overall, 3,950 Delaware residents had to seek treatment for drug or alcohol abuse problems.
As for the punishment for having marijuana in Delaware, Possession of any amount of marijuana in Delaware is a misdemeanor and is punishable by up to 6 months in jail and a $1,150 fine.
- Possession within 1,000 feet of a school zone or 300 feet from a church, park, or recreational center is a felony and carries a 15 year prison sentence and a $250,000 fine in Delaware.
- Cultivation or sale of any amount of marijuana is a felony and punishable by up to five years in prison and a $1,000 to $10,000 fine.
- Sales to a person under 21 is a felony punishable by up to five years with up to a $10,000 fine and sales to a person under 16 carries a six month mandatory minimum sentence.
- Purchasing marijuana from anyone under 18 is punishable by up to five years in prison.
- Delaware has a zero tolerance stance on drugged driving.
Get Help Today
Call Drug-Rehab.org at 855-473-4227 today to get the proper help you need with your addictions in Delaware. Whether it’s drugs (opiates, meth or cocaine) or alcohol that plague you, the important item to remember is you are never alone. Drug-Rehab.org can help you access the help you need. Please pick up the phone and talk to one of our qualified and concerned counselors so you can take that critical first step.
33124 Lighthouse Rd. Selbyville, DE 19975
ABR Counseling Associates provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
250 Beiser Boulevard Dover, DE 19904
ATS of Delaware provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Methadone Services
24 Brookhill Dr. Newark, DE 19702
Brandywine Counseling Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Methadone Services, Methadone Detox, Buprenorphine Treatment
171 Newcastle Ave. Delaware City, DE 19706
Cornerstone Alcohol and Drug provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
1126 Brandywine St. Wilmington, DE 19802
Hogar CREA International Inc of DE provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
Main St. Ellendale, DE 19941
Kent/Sussex Detox Center provides the following services: Detox, Buprenorphine Treatment
254 E. Main St. Newark, DE 19711
Open Door Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
5171 W. Woodmill Dr. Wilmington, DE 19808
Pace Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
625 N. Orange St. Wilmington, DE 19801
SODAT Delaware Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
20505 Dupont Boulevard Georgetown, DE 19947
Thresholds Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction