Georgia Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation
Drug-Rehab.org exists as a referral service for addicts in need of recovery and rehabilitation. We have access to 3000 resources nationwide, from coast to coast, from Georgia to New York. We exist to help addicts come to terms with their problems and seek help and guidance from people that truly care. Call Drug-Rehab.org today at 855-473-4227 to start this all-important process.
We have several options available in Georgia, ranging from recovery centers to day programs.
If you need immediate help or an assessment for a Georgia resident, CALL NOW or click:
Georgia and Drugs: A Dangerous Affair
Georgia, the world famous peach capital, is home to 9,815,210 people. The capital is the bustling metropolis of Atlanta, one of the biggest cities in the American south. The economy of Georgia is thriving, causing the state to experience an influx of people. As is true with all states, Georgia has its own drug problems it combats on a regular basis. There is also a great deal of gang activity in Georgia, which sometimes goes hand-in-hand with drug activity.
- 17 percent of Georgia’s residents from the ages of 18 and 25 used illicit drugs within the past month.
- 25 percent of that same Georgia age group admitted to using marijuana, the most popular drug by far, within the last year alone.
- As for other drugs, 8 percent of Georgians aged 18 – 25 used in the past month. Notably: drug use is a real and disturbing trend in Georgia.
- 6 percent of that Georgia age range used cocaine; another 11 percent used prescription medications for non-medical purposes (prescription drug abuse is a nationwide trend). Even just casual use of any kind of controlled substance can easily slip into addiction.
Outdoor marijuana cultivation has increased throughout the state due to weather conditions. Marijuana is also brought in from the southwest and from Mexico.
- As for possession of marijuana in Georgia, first time offenders carrying less than one ounce of marijuana are charged with a misdemeanor and placed on probation.
- A second offense is a misdemeanor and comes with 1 year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
- Possession within 1,000 feet of a school is a felony and is punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.
- Sale of marijuana under 10 pounds is a felony with a 1 to 10 year prison sentence.
- Anyone found talking about marijuana on a phone is charged with a felony punishable by 1 to 4 years in prison and a $30,000 fine.
- Marijuana convictions result in a loss of driving privileges for 6 months. There is a zero tolerance law in regards to drugged driving. Marijuana is regulated in Georgia under the Controlled Substances Act.
Get Addiction Help Today in Georgia!
If you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol in Georgia, you do not have to face your plight alone. Drug-Rehab.org is one part of a national campaign to eliminate drug and alcohol abuse.
If your loved one has an addiction, we can still assist you and refer you to the best treatment available, in Georgia or elsewhere. Don’t wait another minute; call 855-473-4227 and speak to a trained professional immediately at Drug-Rehab.org.
463 Ernest Biles Dr. Jackson, GA 30233
Butts County Counseling Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
4255 Chamblee-Tucker Rd. Doraville, GA 30340
GPA Treatment Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Methadone Services
200 Hannover Park Atlanta, GA 30350
Mary Hall Freedom House Inc provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Halfway house
700 Highway 341 S. Barnesville, GA 30204
McIntosh Trail MH/MR/SA Comm Serv Brd provides the following services: Detox
415 N. Jackson St. Americus, GA 31709
Middle Flint Behavioral Healthcare provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
153 Independence Dr. Carrollton, GA 30116
Pathways Carroll County provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
756 Woodbury Highway Greenville, GA 30222
Pathways Center provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction
2121 Bellevue Rd. Dublin, GA 31021
Quentin Price MD provides the following services: Detox
1895 Beaver Ridge Circle Norcross, GA 30071
Toxicology Associates of provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox, Methadone Services, Methadone Detox
1700 Cumberland Point Dr. SE Marietta, GA 30067
Toxicology Associates of N. Georgia provides the following services: Drug & Alcohol Addiction, Detox, Methadone Services, Methadone Detox